Been watching broadcast marathons of the “Zone” for decades but I’m really disappointed how SyFy spoils the teist endings by showing a preview of what is coming up next just before cutting to another commercial break and robbing the viewer of the suspense. Yes I know these episodes are 50 years old and I know them all backwards and forwards but to the uninitiated viewer it robs them of the surprise.

I’m also dismayed how they are edited to show more commercials losing a few minutes of content per episode and how every episode has a high refresh rate that makes every episode that was shot on film (not accounting for season two which was recorded onto videotape) have that “live” video soap-opera look.

I can only guess that the episodes shot on film at 24 frames per second have been re-encoded at broadcast 30 frames per second with a 3:2 pulldown to give them this unintended harsh videotape look. I’ll be sticking with my bluray box set and hosting my own marathon commercial and spoiler free, thank you.

Product or Service Mentioned: Nbcuniversal Syfy Tv Channel.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 01.

Comments

I can't agree more!! I watched a lot of the marathon with my niece and nephew who have never seen the shows, and no matter how skilled I tried to be a fast forwarding through the DVR, the spoilers STILL ruined the endings.

" Eye of the Beholder" comes most to mind. And SYFY is still doing the spoilers on the episodes they are showing in the mornings.