Been watching broadcast marathons of the “Zone” for decades but I’m really disappointed how SyFy spoils the teist endings by showing a preview of what is coming up next just before cutting to another commercial break and robbing the viewer of the suspense. Yes I know these episodes are 50 years old and I know them all backwards and forwards but to the uninitiated viewer it robs them of the surprise.

I’m also dismayed how they are edited to show more commercials losing a few minutes of content per episode and how every episode has a high refresh rate that makes every episode that was shot on film (not accounting for season two which was recorded onto videotape) have that “live” video soap-opera look.

I can only guess that the episodes shot on film at 24 frames per second have been re-encoded at broadcast 30 frames per second with a 3:2 pulldown to give them this unintended harsh videotape look. I’ll be sticking with my bluray box set and hosting my own marathon commercial and spoiler free, thank you.

Review about: Nbcuniversal Syfy Tv Channel.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

I can't agree more!! I watched a lot of the marathon with my niece and nephew who have never seen the shows, and no matter how skilled I tried to be a fast forwarding through the DVR, the spoilers STILL ruined the endings.

" Eye of the Beholder" comes most to mind. And SYFY is still doing the spoilers on the episodes they are showing in the mornings.